20 Amazing Reasons To Join Cathy On Her Historic
20th Trip To The Solomon Islands In October 2020
1. Easy Diving – the wonderful crew loads the dive gear, you step into the boat,
and when the dive site is reached, your kit is lifted to your back and all you have to do
is fall into the water.
2. Calm Water – almost all dives are in glass smooth water, with rarely any current,
making diving in the Solomon's perfect for underwater photography.
3. Long dive times – there are almost no limits on dive times when the boat doesn't need to move - you can dive as long as
you have air and bottom time.
4. Great critters – there are critters on every dive, but we also do dedicated muck diving for a
whole host of interesting macro subjects including shrimp, anemones, and there is always a surprise!
5. Soft corals – you will find beautiful soft corals in the Solomon's
which make stunning subjects.
6. Wrecks – there are even some wrecks which are always fun to explore.
7. Exotic fish – we see them everywhere....after all this is the South Pacific!
8. Caves – The Cut of Leru is a spectacular cave dive with sunlight streaming through,
and there are several others which are just as photogenic.
9. Hard coral gardens - are the most beautiful I have ever had the joy to photograph.
10. Schooling fish – the schools at Mary Island are absolutely fantastic.
11. Clownfish – almost on EVERY dive! These charismatic fish are the perfect subjects to photograph.
12. Friendly Islanders – on island visits the islanders love dancing, and delight in bringing carvings,
fresh produce and some seafoods to the boat to happily sell us their wares.
13. Hot deck showers – after EVERY dive. The deck showers are protected from the wind for those of you who are like Cathy, who gets cold after her long leisurely dives.
14. Great Vis – the visibility is stunning on most sites in the Solomon Islands, easily reaching 120ft.
15. Wonderful food buffets – with plenty of choice for everyone, every day!
16. Outdoor seating for meals – every day in the balmy, lovely weather.
During a rare rain shower, the clear plastic curtains keep us dry.
17. Backup camera gear – Cathy brings a wide selection of back-up gear so you can keep taking pictures even if you have a camera problem
18. Help in the water – when many people want to photograph the same rare subject,
Cathy has a great system to make sure that everyone gets a fair chance.
19. Evening critiques and coaching – this is what Cathy is best known for. She devotes the entire evening to helping you.
20. Best Sunset Happy hour of ANY boat!! – “Nibblies” are taken to the upper foredeck,
surrounded by chairs and happy divers with a drink in their hand, watching the incredible sunset in the warm balmy breeze.
We tell stories, visit, and just relax. Although on a few occasions, Cathy and her buddy are still in the water
on their long last dive of the day.
And one more reason............we have EVERY dive site to ourselves!